- Uploadbaz recognizes and believes that data privacy is essential to all Internet users, and the privacy of your personal information is of the utmost importance to us. We are committed to providing you an experience that is safe, secure, and trustworthy. Part of this commitment means safeguarding and respecting your privacy and your choices.
- This Privacy Notice explains what information we collect, how we use it and what choices you have about it, in addition to information on disclosure, retention, and protection of your personal information.
- All topics are covered in greater detail below.
- We want you to fully understand how we may collect, use, and share data relating to you, our legal basis, your rights and the choices that are available to you.
- Better navigation and user-friendly language. To make the policy easier to understand, we use clear, plain language and examples that illustrate our activities.
- Insights into how we acquire your information and how it is used.
- More control over your information. We provide intelligence on how you can control the information you provide to us. Our policy explains how you can make choices about your information, and the measures we’ve put in place to keep your information secure.
- More about using our products for work. Many users have access to our services through their organizations (e.g., their employers), who control their accounts or use of our Services. The updated policy clarifies our relationship to these users and explains the tools available to administrators of these users.
What is Personal and Non Personal Information?
- Personally Identifiable Information, commonly referred to as PII, is information that itself may identify a unique individual or can be linked back to an individual, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as a name, an online or device identifier, an identification number, or location data such as your IP address. In relation to your interaction with Uploadbaz, personal information, for example, may include information you may purposefully provide such as your name and email address during account registration or your address and financial information if you make a purchase. By visiting our website, we automatically collect your IP address. Upon your request and in order for us to download or distribute any Content uploaded by you to Uploadbaz, your files become published Content and cannot be considered personally identifiable information.
- Non-personally identifiable information cannot be used to identify or locate an individual person. Examples are: hashed/anonymized/pseudonymized data, click stream information, browser type, demographics, time and date, which advertisements are clicked or scrolled over and other data of interest.
- We will not share personal information about you or any of your Content with any third parties except as described in this Privacy Notice.
Who We Get Information From and How Your Information Is Used
- Whenever you use any website, mobile application or other internet service, certain information gets created and logged automatically. The same is true when you visit Uploadbaz.
- We use your personal information to fulfill our commitment to you and provide you with our Services. In short, it’s necessary for us to do these things in order to make our Services relevant, interesting and personal to you. We balance our interests with your rights.
- How we use the information we collect depends in part on which Services you use, how you use them, and any choices you have made about information you provide.
- Below are the specific purposes for which we use the information we collect from and about you.
You give us information yourself voluntarily, when you:
- Create and update an account
In order to use certain features, you need to create an account with us. We ask for the bare minimum amount of necessary information - your name and email address, a user ID selected by you, and a, hopefully, complicated and very secure password. Then we assign you a unique identifying number in our database.
- We use this information to authenticate you when you log in and to communicate with you. Communications may be to onboard you to a particular Service to help you become more proficient in using that Service. Or, to send you administrative messages and information, notifications about changes to our Services, and updates to our agreements. Additionally, communications could be about Service features, updates, security alerts, technical notices, support and administrative messages, surveys, offers, promotions, events, and provide other news or information which may interest you or other similar messages.
- Make a purchase
If you purchase a subscription or add-ons, you must provide certain payment and billing data to our payment processing partners, including your name, credit card information, billing address, and zip code. We do store purchase history, billing, and payment confirmation information. We’ll email you invoices confirming your purchase
- Contact us directly
If you contact us for support or to report a problem or concern (regardless of whether you have created an account), we collect and store your messages, and other data about you like your name, email address, location, operating system, IP address, and any other data you provide or that we collect through automated means (which we cover below). We use this data to respond to you and research your question or concern.
- Interact with our ads
Our advertisers gather information when you click on or tap ads or watch videos.
The information is used to show you content that’s relevant, interesting and personal to you and to tailor advertisements across your various devices. Studying ad results helps us make decisions about our customers advertising preferences.
- Add names and email addresses to share folders and files
To use these features, you provide names and email addresses in order to enable the functionality of the features.
- Add people or designate an administrator or billing representative for a business account
Companies purchase seats on their account for employees or business associates and provide names and email addresses for the person ‘occupying’ each seat purchased. By necessity, each business account will need to provide contact information for their account administrator and, if different, a billing representative. If you are an individual registered user and the domain of the primary email address associated with your account is owned by your employer and was assigned to you as an employee of that organization, and your organization wishes to establish a business account, then certain information concerning past use of your individual account may become accessible to that organization’s administrator or group of users.
- Share your information from other companies, such as Facebook, Twitter and Google
You may allow transmission of your personal information from companies like these, which may be controlled in the settings of each website, not by Uploadbaz. Uploadbaz does not ask for information about you.
- Provide information at an event we sponsor or participate in
Your name, contact, and possibly other information, may be recorded on our servers.
Your administrator integrates our Services with other services you use
To do this, you will need an account.
- File a DMCA claim with us
When you file a DMCA claim, you provide information about who you are. All the info will be kept on our servers.
You must accept our agreements in order to use our Services and we record your clicked acceptance.
- Apply for a job
When a person applies for a job with Uploadbaz thru our website, all information is recorded and maintained on our servers. Applications received in person or by mail will be manually processed and your name and contact information will be entered into forms stored on our servers.
Our systems and/or third parties may automatically obtain information:
- Third-party platforms you connect with
- Information about your device(s)
Information about your IP address, device make, model, operating system, version, and data connection type, and platform, in addition to other specifications and information will be automatically gleaned during contact with our Services.
- We may send you push notifications from time-to-time in order to provide updates and other relevant messages related to our Services. These may include information and in-app messages about, new services, new features, etc. Devices are discussed in more detail below.
- When you upload, download, collaborate, share files or otherwise interact with our Services
These actions also are subject to the next point below – ‘When you interact with our website or mobile app or API’.
- You can create content, which may contain information about you, and grant permission for others to see, share, edit, copy and download that content based on settings you or your company administrator (if applicable) select. Some of the collaboration features of the Services display some or all of your profile information to other Service users when you share or interact with specific content. Under certain circumstances, when you share a file, your display name and profile picture may be displayed on that page, and Service users with permission to view the page can view your profile information as well. You can confirm whether certain information is visible from within the Services by contacting us or your administrator (if applicable). Please be aware that any Content posted, including information about you, by you or anyone with access to the Content, that Content may be publicly viewed and indexed by and returned in search results of search engines.
- When you interact with our website or mobile app or API
Uploadbaz is always looking for ways to make our Services smarter and faster, and more innovative and useful to you. We use collective learnings about how people use our Services so we may identify areas for integration and improvement, and feedback provided directly to us to troubleshoot our Services.
- To that end, when you interact with us, or really any technology service today, information is gathered to help us fulfill our commitments to you to provide and protect our Services and you. To do that, we need:
- Information about your behavior on Uploadbaz: including, login details, date/time of visits, page view data, URL of the Web page you visited before navigating to us, referring/exit pages, click data, features you use, types of advertisements you interact with, duration of your visit, the sizes and names of the files or folders you upload, download, share or access.
- We use this information to personalize and improve our Services, by analyzing who we appeal to, activity patterns and trends, develop new products and services, and test and analyze new features by providing features to some users before rolling the feature out to all users. For example, by logging how often people use two different versions of a feature, we can understand which version is better.
- Information about your devices plus your browser information, browser history, IP address, the Internet Service Provider (ISP) you use, your geolocation and system configuration information is recorded.
- This information can help us identify unique users across multiple devices so we can monitor and analyze traffic and trends and track usage and activities in connection with our Services. We use general location information to provide country based advertising (e.g. US-based advertising, if you are in the US). We also perform studies necessary to ensure the safety and integrity of our site and mobile applications, monitor and improve the information security, and to facilitate the Services’ technical functioning, including troubleshooting and resolving issues.
Other companies give us data:
- We may collect info from third party services we contract with
We work with third-party service providers to provide website and application development, hosting, maintenance, backup, storage, virtual infrastructure, payment processing and fraud detection, analysis and other services for us, which may require them to access or use information about you. We select only well-established and trusted service partners to access information about you to perform services on our behalf.
- Information related to your use of third-party services
Have you ever searched for information on a mailbox and then when you visit other websites you see ads for mailboxes? We contract with advertising companies that will use your previous search history and clicks to provide advertising of specific interest to you. Your interests and interactions with ads are not stored on our servers, but we do benefit from this practice. After all, ads help support our website and the experience should be of interest to you.
- When you engage in an online survey initiated by us
From time to time, we may perform research (online and offline) via surveys. We may engage third-party service providers to conduct such surveys on our behalf. All survey responses are voluntary, and the information collected will be used for research and reporting purposes to help us better serve our users, as a whole, by learning more about their needs and the quality of the products and services we provide. The survey responses may be utilized to determine the effectiveness of our Website, various types of communications and/or promotional activities, and innovations in products and other service offerings we might contemplate.
- We automatically receive certain types of information when you install, access, update, or use our Services. This information includes your computer, tablet, mobile or other digital device's unique identifier, manufacturer and model, operating system and version, screen size and resolution, mobile network and status (WiFi, etc.), application version including installation and updates info, settings, and crash data that helps us understand when something breaks. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
- We use this information to determine what types and version of devices, etc. are accessing our Services. After all, we have to write software to accommodate various platforms, versions, etc. We have to keep up and necessarily sunset unused code.
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Similar Technologies
- What are they? When you interact with people, it’s nice when they remember you, your relationship and what you like. That ‘feel good’ experience has been extended to your interactions with websites.
- Like most browsers and websites, we use technologies that are essentially small data files saved on your computer, tablet, mobile phone, or other devices that allow us to record certain pieces of information whenever you visit or interact with our site, Services, applications, messaging, and tools, and to recognize you across devices.
- Uploadbaz and service providers acting on our behalf (like Google Analytics and third party advertisers) use server log files and automated data collection tools like cookies, tags, scripts, customized links, device or browser fingerprints, and web beacons when you access and use our Services. These tools are essential to enable the Services to provide the features you have requested, such as remembering you have logged in. These tools also automatically track and collect certain system data and usage data when you use our Services. In some cases, we tie data gathered through these tools to other data that we collect.
- These technologies can operate across all of your browsers, and in some instances may not be fully managed by your browser and may require management directly through your installed applications or device. The specific names and types of cookies, web beacons, unique identifiers, and similar technologies used to collect and manage information may change from time to time. In order to help you better understand our use of such technologies, we have provided the some terminology and definitions.
- Cookies are mutually beneficial small text files, which often include a unique identifier, placed in the memory of your browser or device when you visit a website or view a message. They are commonly used to remember where you were during your session with a website. They can be used to collect, store, and share data about your activities across websites. Cookies allow us to recognize you, remember things about your visits, make our site easier to use, see which areas and features are popular and count visits to our website. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. There are several types of cookies:
- Web beacons are small graphic images (also known as "pixel tags" or "clear GIFs") that typically work in conjunction with cookies to identify users and user behavior. There are myriad ways in which they can be used. For example, a third-party tracking site can determine how much merchandise was purchased for a particular banner ad campaign. In scenarios such as these, the individual users may still remain anonymous, even though their buying habits are disclosed.
- Mobile device identifiers - When you access mobile applications, companies don’t have access to traditional browser cookies to track you over time. Instead, third party advertising and analytics companies use device identifiers, such as Apple iOS’s Identifiers for Advertisers and Google Android’s Advertising ID, to monitor the different applications used on a particular device.
- Device fingerprinting can track devices over time, based on your browser’s configurations and settings. Because each browser is unique, device fingerprinting can identify your device, without using cookies. Since device fingerprinting uses the characteristics of your browser configuration to track you, deleting cookies won’t help. Device fingerprinting technologies are evolving and can be used to track you on all kinds of internet-connected devices that have browsers, such as smart phones, tablets, laptop and desktop computers.
- HTML5 has been designed to deliver almost everything you'd want to do online without requiring additional software such as browser plugins. It does everything from animation to apps, music to movies, and can also be used to build incredibly complicated applications that run in your browser. And, it can generally be used as an alternative to Adobe Flash. It isn't proprietary and it is cross-platform, which means it doesn't care whether you're using a tablet or a smartphone, a netbook, notebook or ultrabook or a Smart TV. If your browser supports HTML5, it should work flawlessly.
Why does Uploadbaz use these technologies?
- We use these cookies both when you visit our site and Services via a browser and our mobile app. As we adopt additional technologies, we may also gather additional data through other methods.
- To help Us help You to …
save your registration ID and login password for future logins to the Service,
match you to your personal information,
remember your settings and preferences so you don‘t have to set them up every time you visit us,
customize your experience and preferences,
enable changes you have made in your account,
help us remember the country you’re in,
identify you during a single browsing session as you move around on the pages,
Identify you across different browser sessions and devices,
remember the user-interface customization cookies (i.e. the parameters attached to your device including your screen resolution, font preference, etc),
enable processing and management of your purchases,
respond to your questions and otherwise interact with you,
allow sharing of your Content on social media
To help Us …
For Our Website, to …
allow proper functioning of our website/apps,
enable certain features of the Service,
properly display Content,
allow you access to our sites, services, applications, and tools,
help us provide a faster, more secure experience, and
identify irregular site behavior, prevent fraudulent activity and improve security.
For Performance and Analytics, to …
know how you discovered our websites / app,
to monitor aggregate usage and web traffic routing on the Service,
To avoid visitors being counted twice;
to better understand how users interact with the Service by collecting information about the pages you view, the links you click, and other actions you take when using our Services,
identify whether a page was visited,
understand which areas and features of the Services are most popular,
know users’ reaction to subscription offerings,
to assess the performance of our websites, applications, services, and tools, and
gather information about devices and networks utilized to access our Services.
For the Future, to …
improve our websites/apps by testing new versions and features, and
understand how you interact with our Service so we can improve the Service and your experience based on that information.
Our Policy Concerning Children
- Uploadbaz’s Websites and Services are not intended for, nor designed to attract, individuals under the age of sixteen and we recognize the privacy interests of children.
We realize that children have access to the internet and visit websites. However, if you are under the age of 16, please do not submit any personal information through our Websites or Services.
We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor and take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests and to help enforce this Policy by instructing their children never to provide personal information through Websites or Services without their permission.
If a parent or guardian becomes aware that "his" child has provided us with personal information, "he" should delete the account. If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information, we will take responsible steps to delete the account. For assistance, contact our support department.
If you are not a resident of the United States, you understand and agree that Uploadbaz stores and processes your information on computers located in the United States, and by providing any data to Uploadbaz, you consent to the transfer of such information to the United States.
We will not rent or sell your personally identifiable information with third parties. However, we may disclose your personal information or any of its log file information when we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with a law, regulation or compulsory legal request; (b) co-operate with the investigations of purported unlawful activities; (c) identify persons who may be violating the law or legal notice; (d) protect and defend the rights or property of Uploadbaz or third parties; (e) protect the safety of an individual or group; (f) prevent fraud or abuse of Uploadbaz or its users. Uploadbaz works with partners to identify malware.
The security of your information is important to us. Uploadbaz employs measures to protect information collected from loss, destruction, disclosure, unauthorized access, misuse and alteration. Although we strive to protect your personal information, Uploadbaz cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Sensitive data such as credit card information is administered in compliance with PCI standards. Customers banking and credit card information is stored, transmitted to, accessed and managed exclusively by any third party payment processors Uploadbaz may utilize.
- If you have questions concerning the transfer of your information, please contact us Here
We may change this policy from time to time.
We encourage you to review our Privacy Notice whenever you access our Services to stay informed about our information practices and the ways you can help protect your privacy. If you disagree with any changes to this Privacy Notice and do not wish your information to be subject to the revised Privacy Notice, your only remedy, if you do not accept the terms of this Policy, is to discontinue use of the Website and the Services. Your use of any of our Services after the posting of changes shall constitute your consent to the changes.
Thank you for choosing us to use Uploadbaz!
Last update: Jan 1, 2020